|| A major problem with current
online services is the totally incompatible identification systems
Net2MAX provides Universal Identification to its users, allowing
them to use a single number (called OZnumber) for ALL their online
OZnumber gives users an unified identification across
different online applications and infrastructures across all
OZnumber is the only scalable universal identification in the world,
it can be used simply and easily with the majority of IT applications
and infrastructures by everyday non-technical people yet has enough
power to go the distance with the most complex and rare applications.
- Single Number
There is no need for you are others to remember a large number
of different numbers.
- Multiple Purposes
OZnumber is language and device independent, making it operational
with almost any user-interface.
- Self Selection
Users can specify their own favourite numbers as their OZnumbers,
like their current phone number or identification number.
- Worldwide Coverage
Each OZnumber is unique and functional on all Net2MAX platforms
worldwide - making it is THE global identification for online
- Checksum Protection
OZnumber has a checksum version - making it almost impossible
to enter the "wrong" number by accident.
- Alias Alternative
Each OZnumber has a easy to remember alias (word) in form of the
native language of the user.
- Short Numbers
For those people or organisations who need to have shorter OZnumbers
for whatever reasons, 1 to 4 digits numbers are available to be
- Anonymous Numbers
For those people or organisation who do not want anyone, not even
OZtell, to know who they are.
Universal Identification can be used across all Net2MAX Managers.
That OZnumber can function:
- As their phone number, fax number, SMS number etc. in the Phone
- As their instant computer messaging address, postal address
etc. in the Message Manager.
- As their email address, file address etc. in the Storage Manager.
- As their web, wap, imode address and dial-up modem login etc.
in the Internet Manager.
- As their identification, authorisation and certification number
in Privacy Manager.
- As their payer and payee identification in the Payment Manager.
- As their encryption and authenication identification in Security
- As their calendar, timer and scheduling identification in Time
Basically, One Number for everything online.
1. Single Number
OZmember can use the OZnumber to replace a lot of numbers and IDs
of different types. Their OZnumbers can be used from scheduling
to payment, from phone calls to data storage.
The single OZnumber can function as their
- phone number, fax number, SMS number etc. in the Phone Manager.
- instant computer messaging address, postal address etc. in the
- email address, file address etc. in the Storage Manager.
- web, wap, imode address and dial-up modem login etc. in the
- identification, authorisation and certification number in Privacy
- payer and payee identification in the Payment Manager.
- encryption and authenication identification in Security Manager.
- calendar, timer and scheduling identification in Time Manager.
- Rather than dialing the real phone number of a person, the OZnumber
of that person is supplied to the Net2MAX Phone Manager instead.
The Net2MAX Phone Manager will then look up a list of real phone
numbers for that person and ring those real phone numbers in turn.
* The caller does not know the real phone numbers, so the privacy
of the people being called is protected.
* When the person being called has a new phone number there
is no need to notify the caller.
* The person being called can swap the order of the real phone
numbers on the list without the caller knowing.
2. Multiple Purposes
OZnumber is most often used to represent individual humans, although
it can be given to companies, departments, devices and even to invoices
It was designed to identify any meaningful entity (people or things,
internal or external) around the world.
Once an entity is given an OZnumber, it can be identified and thus
interact with other entities on the Net2MAX platform from a lamp
(which can be switched on and off by other entities on the platform)
to an invoice (that needs to be paid by certain entity on the platform).
Net2MAX has special tags to indicate the attributes of each OZnumber,
thus making their use across different Net2MAX Managers total transparent.
- A company issues special payment OZnumber for every customers of
theirs, everytime those customers put money into their specially
issued OZnumber the money will go into the company's OZaccount instead
of the OZaccount of that specially issued OZnumber.
- A building has special OZnumbers for different video cameras, allowing
them to be integrated into the Net2MAX platform (for privacy, security,
storage, internet services etc.)
3. Self Selection
OZmembers can select OZnumbers of their choice for themselves (as
long as no one else is using them).
Self selection is useful for people who like to use existing numbers
(like phone numbers or driver license numbers) as their OZnumbers.
It is also useful when selecting additional OZnumbers for different
purposes. In such cases, rather than selecting totally unrelated
OZnumbers, people can select "similar" OZnumbers for related
- OZnumber can be 1 to 9 digits long and the FIRST digit CANNOT be
- OZnumber uniquely identifies an entity within a single Net2MAX Area
- If a lot of people already knows about my phone number (02) 92176000
then it might be useful to have my OZnumber as 92176000 or 292176000.
- If OZnumber 92121 represents a company then 9212101 can be the sales
department while 9212102 can be the accounts department.
- If OZnumber 92121 represents a house then the 9212101 can be the
lights while 9212102 can be the air-conditioning unit.
- If OZnumber 92121 represents a human then 9212101 can be the OZnumber
given to friends while 9212102 can be the OZnumber given to family.
4. Worldwide Coverage
An Area Code can be added in front of the OZnumber to enable it
to be used on any Net2MAX platform around the world.
The worldwide Net2MAX infrastructure (hardware, software, networks,
humans etc.) is made up of smaller infrastructures known as Areas.
All the Areas work together to create a single coherent interaction
platform that spans the globe.
Each Area manages and supports its own group of OZnumbers independently
of each other yet works with each other to ensure seamless interaction.
Normally there is one Area in each country, thus OZnumbers within
the same Area tend to share some similar characteristic like default
language and currency, support network, equipment used etc.
Each Area is represented by an Area Code, for example the area
number for the area "oztralia.com" is 060, for "ozchina.com"
is 080 etc.
- Every OZnumber belongs one Area.
- Area codes always have zeros as the first digit and the last digit.
- There can be 1 to 9 digits in the middle (between the zeros).
- The digits in the midddle CANNOT be zero.
- When outside the home area, the OZmember MUST specify the home area
code in front of the OZnumber.
- Attaching the Area Code in front of the OZnumber is optional when
OZnumber is used within its own home area.
- Within the oztralia.com area (which has Area Code of 060), specifying
just 92121 is the same as specifying 06092121, while specifying
08092121 will mean 92121 in ozchina.com.
- Within the ozchina.com area (which has an Area Code of 080) specifying
92121 will be the same as specifiying 08092121, while specfying
06092121 will mean the 92121 in oztralia.com.
5. Checksum Protection
OZnumber supports Checksum which protects the integrity of the
OZnumber. This is useful in cases where the accuracy of the OZnumber
is important. Particularly when
- the interaction is not real-time (one party cannot get instant
feedback on the correctness of the number like with email and sms)
- there is no secondary identification (there is no need to supply
password for verification like with some Interactive Voice Response
In these cases a checksum can be added at the front of the OZnumber.
- The checksum is always 3 digits in length
- The first two digits are always zeros and the third single digit
CAN be zero.
- The checksum is calculated using ALL the digits after it (thus if
the Area Code is specified, it is protected by the checksum as well)
- The checksum uses the standard Luhn Formula (which is the same as
the checksum algorithm used by credit cards).
- The Net2max website http://www.net2max.com/oznumberchecksum/index.html
provides a page for calculating the checksum of any OZnumber.
- The checksum version of OZnumber 92121 is 00392121. Where 3 is the
real checksum digit and the two zeros 00 in front are to indicate
that the digit just after them is a checksum for the rest of the
- The checksum bersion of OZnumber 92121 with Area Code of 080 (that
is 08092121) is different to without Area Code. It is 00608092121.
6. Alias Alternative
User can specify an easy to remember alias to be associated with
his or her OZnumber, which can be used as an alternatively to the
OZnumber on infrastructures that support characters as well as digit
Alias allows an entity to be identified in an alternative way.
Alias is normally made up of the characters from the user's native
language, so that a person or thing can be identified with easy
to remember words instead of a number.
Alias is allowed to be entered instead of the OZnumber on devices
that support character sets inputs other than digits.
- Alias must be 20 characters or less.
- Alias can ONLY be made up of numbers (0-9) and/or characters (lower
case only in character sets that have upper and lower cases). No
special character or symbol are supported at this stage.
- Like the OZnumber, the Alias is unique within a single Net2Max Area
and is also assigned on a first come first serve basis. If the Alias
has already been taken, a different alias has to be selected.
- If the Alias is made up of only digits then it must be the same
as the OZnumber, no pure number is allowed otherwise. For example,
if OZnumber is 92121 the Alias can be "92121" or "a92121"
or "92121a" or "a92222" or "92222a"
but not "92222". That is if the Alias is mde up of digits
only then it must be the same as the OZnumber.
- Alias has the option of attaching the Net2MAX Area Name at the back,
with an @ sign in the middle. Say, the Alias for 92121 is "demo"
and it is within the oztralia.com Area then the Full Alias is email@example.com.
- If the Alias for 92121 is "demo" then when a web page
asks for a OZnumber, rather than entering 92121 the word "demo"
can be entered from the keyboard instead. But when the user is entering
from a mobile phone then 92121 can be used when the OZnumber is
asked for. Net2MAX will automatically detect whether an entry is
the actual OZnumber or its Alias.
7. Short Numbers
OZnumbers with small number of digits (shorter number) are is easier
to remember and easier to use. Short OZnumbers (those less than
5 digits) are thus premium and are available only with extra charges.
Since everything on Net2MAX is based on OZnumbers. Having a short
OZnumber makes much easier interaction on the Net2MAX platform from
sending an SMS to receiving a fax, from checking appointments to
- Short Numbers attracts an extra charge, please refer to Universal
Identification Price List above for pricing.
- Handling a number like 12 (with 2 digits) is always more easier
than a number like 658734 (with 6 digits).
8. Anonymous Numbers
The Net2MAX platform is the first to provide comprehensive support
for functioning of anonymous accounts within broad-based online
OZnumbers can be given to OZmembers without the need of the OZmembers
disclosing anything about themselves. This not only applies to isolated
functions (like sending of emails) but across the whole Net2MAX
Basically even Net2MAX does not know who an anonymous OZnumber
really belong - that infomration is just not given to Net2MAX to
start with. Net2MAX simply refer to that OZmember as a number and
all activities logs on the system are not kept.
- With the Payment Manager, the OZmember can make online payment anonymously,
since cash can be used (e.g. via Australia Post) to pay for goods
and services, there is no way of tracing the identity of the purchaser.
Update: This Anonymous Numbers feature was
developed as part of the our continuing research into the perfect
online platform. It is listed here for completeness for our beta
testers. It will NOT be available in any production systems. The
world unfortunately is not perfect, thus there is a high risk that
this feature of OZnumber will be used by people performing illegal
Privacy is still THE major concern of Net2MAX.
Net2MAX still provides very powerful privacy tools to its users,
so they can function on the Net2MAX platform mostly anonymously.
Please refer to Central
Authorisation for more details. These tools will handle most
everyday privacy concerns (from online dating to complaining about